Short-term Vacation Rental Hotline

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City has a Vacation Rental HOTLINE for citizens to register complaints such as property registration, noise, and trash. The HOTLINE number is (760) 553-1031.

  • Please call during the event. Let us know if you want a call back with a resolution.
  • Call the Hotline if  you have reason to believe a property not listed on the map is operating as a Short-term Vacation Rental (STVR).
  • Please do not call the Police in a non-emergency situation.

Frequently Asked Tips and Reminders for Homeowners.


All homeowners operating a vacation rental are required to complete a Business License Application. For those homeowners operating a short-term vacation rental (30 days or less), they are also required to complete a Homeowners Application.

While a vacation rental unit is rented, the owner, the owner’s authorized agent or representative and/or the owner’s designated local contact person shall be available twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week for the purpose of responding within forty-five minutes to complaints regarding the condition, operation, or conduct of occupants of the vacation rental unit or their guests.

In those instances where a citizen has a complaint regarding the condition, operation or conduct of occupants (guests), the City has a Vacation Rental HOTLINE for citizens to register complaints, such as property registration, noise, occupancy, parking, and/or trash. Each rental property is required to post a copy of Cathedral City's Good Neighbor Brochure.

Property Management Companies managing vacation rentals are required to obtain a business license for not only their property management firm, but also for the individual properties they manage. These forms need to be completed:

For short-term rentals, TOT return is due at the end of the month for the previous month's rentals, e.g., January TOT is due at the end of February. The current TOT rate is 12%.

This Ordinance was certified on December 12, 2012 and became effective 30 days after certification on January 11, 2013. Click HERE for the most recent version.

A map of all licensed Short-Term Vacation Rentals can be found here.

In addition, the GORequest application has a drop down option for reporting any Vacation Rental Issues and/or to request a city service.