Code Compliance Department
Permit Fee: $25 (for payment form click here)
The following are guidelines to properly conduct a Garage Sale:
- Garage Sales should NOT begin earlier than 7:00 AM & end NO later than 6:00 PM.
- Garage Sales limited to four (4) sales per year, per address, with a minimum of ninety (90) days between each sale.
- Each Sale is limited to seventy-two (72) consecutive hours.
- Two (2) signs per event may be used. Residents may use two (2) store bought signs in place of City signs until further notice.
- All signs must be removed/disposed or after sale or you will be cited.
- Typical sign placement on site location or corner streets. Property owner permission is required for any off-site location and post-on signs.
- Signs are NOT to be posted on or 25 feet from: E Palm Canyon. Date Palm Dr, or Ramon Rd.
- Any signs in violation will be picked up by Code Compliance and will warrant the issuance of a cite.
- Signs are NOT allowed to be posted in the public right of way. The public right of way is generally defined as the area 12·feet back from the curb. Center dividers and landscaped medians are also within the public right of way.
- Failure to obtain a permit prior to conducting a Garage sale will result in a penalty fee of $75 in addition to the regular permit fee.