Mark Carnevale was elected to the City Council in November 2014. He ran on the principles of being a careful listener to his constituents, improving police and fire services, and increasing economic development opportunities in the north side, downtown as well as targeted areas throughout Cathedral City. More now than ever before, Mark believes that Cathedral City is on the verge of tremendous, smart growth.
Since 2014 Mark has been deeply involved to end homeless beginning his 5th year on CVAG's homeless committee.
The following are some some of Mark's Committee Assignments:
- Coachella Valley Association of Governments Executive Committee
- Coachella Valley Association of Governments Homeless Committee.
- Coachella Valley Association of Governments Transportation Committee
- Riverside County Transportation Commission
- Alternate for: ERICA Board of Directors
- Alternate for: League of California Cities - Riverside County Division Executive Board
- Alternate for: Greater Palm Springs Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Coachella Valley Conservation Commission.
- Alternate for: Coachella Valley Association of Governments Public Safety
- Alternate for: Southern California Association of Governments
Since 1969, Mark has called the Coachella Valley home. He and his wife Rhonda, of 50 years, own and operate Nicolino’s Italian Restaurant – a Cathedral City business since 1985. The business prides itself on serving fine Italian cuisine prepared by three generations of family members including his son and grandson.
Through Nicolino’s, Mark has given back to the community and has held leadership positions in several community organizations. Nicolino’s has supported the Cathedral City Boys and Girls Club, Cathedral City Evening Rotary, Cathedral City High School programs, Cathedral City Police Officers and Firefighters Associations, and other numerous clubs and foundations. Mark participated on the former Cathedral City Marketing Committee and continues to stay active in the Cathedral City Evening Rotary, the Cathedral City Boys and Girls Club, The Sons of Italy and the Cathedral City Chamber of Commerce. Mark has been honored by the Chamber of Commerce by naming Nicolino’s Restaurant as “Restaurant of the Year” and “California Small Business of the Year”.
Family is the core of Mark’s life. He is surrounded by the love of his family including his high school sweetheart and wife, Rhonda. He is blessed with two children, Karrie and Nico, and five grandchildren.
Email Councilmember Carnevale
Schedule a meeting