In this section you will find Information on construction projects the City has out to bid and Proposal Requests.
You can receive notices of any new projects by using our Enotifier.
As-Needed Materials Testing and Geotechnical Services
- Department:Planning, Engineering, Public Works
- RFP Number:RFP 2020-001-A
- Start Date:06/17/2020 7:00 AM
- Close Date:07/09/2020 2:00 PM
RE-ADVERTISEMENT FOR REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
MATERIAL TESTING SERVICES
PROFESSIONAL GEOTECHNICAL RECOMMENDATIONS
The City of Cathedral City seeks proposals from Professional Geotechnical and Material Testing firms to provide Material Testing Services and Geotechnical Recommendations to support VARIOUS CITY PROJECTS FOR FISCAL YEARS 2020-2021 and 2021-2022.
The City of Cathedral City intends to select up to three Professional Geotechnical and Material Testing firms to provide as-needed services for various City construction projects. The Projects may include street improvements, alley improvements, retaining walls, sidewalks, ADA Ramps, and other projects that require material testing including concrete, asphalt, compaction testing and geotechnical recommendations. The successful consultant(s) will be expected to enter into the City’s standard Design Professional Service Agreement (PSA). The work in this proposal may be requested for federal aid projects, thus, DBE consideration on this contract is required.
- Proposal packets can be downloaded from this page below.
- Proposals shall be submitted in 8½ x 11 format including any City-provided forms.
- Submit one original and 3 copies of the written proposal.
- Submit pricing in a separate envelope entitled “Price Proposal” in the envelope containing the written proposal.
- Submit the entire proposal in a sealed envelope with “SEALED PROPOSAL FOR MATERIAL TESTING SERVICES & PROFESSIONAL GEOTECHNICAL RECOMMENDATIONS DO NOT OPEN WITH REGULAR MAIL” printed on the outside.
- The proposal must be received by the City of Cathedral City, 68-700 Avenida Lalo Guerrero Cathedral City, CA 92234, no later than Thursday, July 9, 2020 at 2:00 PM.
- Proposals must be signed by an official authorized to bind the firm and shall be valid for sixty (60) days.
The City of Cathedral City reserves the right to:
- Reject any or all proposals;
- Postpone award of the contract for a period not to exceed sixty (60) days from date of proposal opening;
- Waive informalities in the proposals; and
- Select the proposal(s) which appear to be in the best interest of the City.