In this section you will find Information on construction projects the City has out to bid and Proposal Requests.
You can receive notices of any new projects by using our Enotifier.
As-Needed Traffic Signal Maintenance and Emergency Services
- Department:Community Development, Planning, Engineering, Public Works, Traffic
- RFP Number:RFP 2020-004
- Start Date:05/04/2020 7:00 AM
- Close Date:05/26/2020 2:00 PM
TRAFFIC SIGNAL MAINTENANCE AND EMERGENCY ON CALL SERVICES
Cathedral City requests Proposals from qualified Contractors to provide comprehensive preventive maintenance and emergency on call services for the City-owned traffic signal and safety light systems. The City of Cathedral City operates and maintains 42 traffic signals. Some intersections are interconnected with twisted pair copper cable and some are wi-fi connected.
The City has historically contracted traffic signal maintenance services and intends to continue a positive traffic signal and safety light operations and maintenance program with the selected Contractor. The preventive maintenance program will include timing and coordination improvements, controller upgrades, traffic signal and safety light upgrades, and shall be designed to eliminate or reduce the frequency of malfunction, reduce operational complaints, and extend the useful life of the traffic signal and safety light systems. The selected Contractor shall maintain a 24-hour per day emergency response service and be capable of responding to emergency calls from the City within two (2) hours.
- Proposal packets can be downloaded on this page using the link below.
- Proposals shall be submitted in 8½ x 11 format including any City-provided forms.
- Submit one original and 3 copies of the written proposal.
- Submit pricing in a separate envelope entitled “Price Proposal” in the envelope containing the written proposal.
- Submit the entire proposal in a sealed envelope with “SEALED PROPOSAL FOR TRAFFIC SIGNAL MAINTENANCE AND ON CALL EMERGENCY SERVICES DO NOT OPEN WITH REGULAR MAIL” printed on the outside.
- The proposal must be received by the City of Cathedral City, 68-700 Avenida Lalo Guerrero Cathedral City, CA 92234, no later than Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 2:00 PM.
- Proposals must be signed by an official authorized to bind the firm and shall be valid for sixty (60) days.
The City of Cathedral City reserves the right to:
- Reject any or all proposals;
- Postpone award of the contract for a period not to exceed sixty (60) days from date of proposal opening;
- Waive informalities in the proposals; and
- Select the proposal which provides “Best Value” for the City.