Community Assistance Program 2020
Revised Deadline: Wednesday, April 15th, 2020, 5:00 pm
February 28, 2020
As a local agency that has received funding or event sponsorships from the City of Cathedral City in recent years, I am writing to make you aware of the City’s Community Assistance grant program.
Due to the high demand from Non-Profit Organizations for assistance from the City, Cathedral City Staff proposed a Community Assistance program at study session on December 9, 2015 to the members of the City Council. City Council directed staff to come back with program guidelines and a plan to implement the grant program.
At the Regular January 13, 2016 City Council Meeting, Staff recommended the City Council approve the program guidelines, application, and program schedule. A total funding allocation of $20,000 per year was recommended and approved to fund a comprehensive small award program with all recipients being required to reapply each year and awards capped at $3,000 per organization per year. Due to the increased number of applicants, the total funding allocation has been increased to $28,000 per year.
Program Guidelines: It was also recommended at the meeting that Council establish and approve that the program operate under the following guidelines and schedule to make awards available for the FY 16-17 funding year. Listed below are the guidelines and schedule approved by the City Council January 13, 2016:
- Applicants must be a non-profit 501c-3 organization or a tribal or governmental agency.
- Applicants must be based in Cathedral City or demonstrate that they provide services to residents or businesses of Cathedral City.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they receive funding from other sources and are not relying only on City support.
- Applicants must list the Agency’s Board of Directors.
- Preference will be given to applicants meeting health and human service needs of underserved populations.
- March 2020 - Application submittal period with a deadline of 3-16-20.
- March 2020 - Council subcommittee will review the applications and make a funding recommendation to the full Council.
- April 08, 2020 - Council approves the funding awards for FY 19-20.
- Any funding requests received outside of this process will not be awarded sponsorships and will be required to wait and apply in 2021.
Organizations applying for City sponsorships for community events should also submit through this process. In the case of sponsorships the event must be open to the public.
We appreciate the opportunity to have partnered with your organization to improve community life in Cathedral City. Once Cathedral City Council approves the funding awards for FY 19-20 mid-April 2020, your organization will be contacted to inform if it was awarded a sponsorship. If this is the first time your organization applies and is approved for the assistance, you will be required to submit a W-9. An invoice may be submitted as early as but not prior to July 1, 2020. . Any questions should be directed to Josie Meza at 760-770-0372.
Electronic filling is highly encouraged.
City of Cathedral City