The North City Specific Plan area is nearly 5,000 acres in size and encompasses all land north of Interstate 10 within the City limits of Cathedral City. The annexation of 1,300 acres of the Specific Plan area was completed in December 2007. More than half of the land is preserved as an open space conservation area through the Coachella Valley Multiple Species Habitat Conservation (MSHCP).
The North City is bound on the west by Palm Drive, to the north generally by the north section lines of sections 27-29, to the east by the City's eastern City limits (Da Vall Drive extended), and to the south by Interstate 10. The Specific Plan will guide future growth and development of this largely undeveloped area.
The Summary provides the basic concepts and principle recommendations of the Specific Plan. The complete Specific Plan document provides detailed information on the allowable land uses; development regulations; location standards; and other implementation criteria. All development in the Plan area shall comply with the North City Specific Plan, and begins with submittal of a development application to the City.
North City Specific Plan Document
- Entire Document (20 mb)
North City Specific Plan by Chapter
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Existing Conditions
- Chapter 3 Vision, Goals and Policies
- Chapter 4 Open Space and the Environment
- Chapter 5 Circulation and Streetscape Improvements
- Chapter 6 Infrastructure Improvements
- Chapter 7 Establishment of Specific Plan Zoning Districts
- Chapter 8 Mixed Use-Urban (MU-U) District
- Chapter 9 Mixed Use-Neighborhood (MU-N) District
- Chapter 10 Business Park (BP) District
- Chapter 11 Edom Hill - Light Industrial (EH-LI) District
- Chapter 12 Design Standards and Guidelines
- Chapter 13 Specific Plan Administration
- Chapter 14 Fiscal Impact Assessment and Implementation Strategies
North City Specific Plan EIR
68-700 Avenida Lalo Guerrero
Cathedral City, Ca 92234