Families enjoy unique community happenings such as “Candy Cane Lane”, the annual display of holiday lights mounted by residents of Minerva Road. Meanwhile, the inviting space outside the City’s Civic Center and Mary Pickford Theater, so reminiscent of a quintessential town square, plays host to a growing list of festivals that includes the mouthwatering Shorty’s Rib Fest, the Interfusion Music Summit and the captivating AMFM Festival featuring arts, music, film and more. Tourists from around the world come to view the unique “Fountain of Life” interactive water sculpture situated right in the heart of downtown.
Nine community parks lie within Cathedral City’s boundaries and there’s another on the horizon. Sports and health enthusiasts take particular delight in Dennis Keat Soccer Park, home to the community’s popular AYSO soccer program and Desert Healthcare District’s fitness track and exercise stations. Baseball fans gravitate to Big League Dreams Sports Park while ice skaters and hockey players, both amateurs and Olympians, cherish Desert Ice Castle for its high quality sports venue.
Those seeking leisure time fun find plenty at Boomers! Family Entertainment Center where offerings include miniature golf, go-karts, bumper boats, climbing wall and a video-game arcade. Film buffs flock to both Ultrastar Cinemas Mary Pickford Stadium 14 to enjoy Pure Digital Cinema™ and Desert Cinema UltraMaximum Experience to view the largest movie screen in the entire Coachella Valley.
- Cathedral City Dog Park
- Century Park
- Memorial Park
- Ocotillo Park
- Patriot Park
- Second Street Park
- Dennis Keat Soccer Park
- Town Square
FAMILY FUN CENTERS
- Boomers! (Miniature Golf, Go Karts, Bumper Boats, Rock Wall & Game Room)
- Big League Dreams Sports Park (Replica fields of Wrigley Field, Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park)
- Desert Ice Castle (Ice Skating Rink)
- Palm Springs Lanes (Bowling)
- Desert Cinemas UltraMAX (Largest screen in the Coachella Valley)
- Mary Pickford Theatre (14 Stadium Seating with Pure Digital Cinema – also designed for film festivals)
- Cimarron Golf Resort
- Cathedral Canyon Golf Club
- Desert Princess Country Club