Residents now have two options for the safe disposal of syringes and needles
Option 1: Sharps Disposal by Mail program
Participate in the City's FREE Sharps Disposal by Mail program. It's easy to use, confidential and safe.
How does it work?
· Submit a request for a Sharps Disposal by Mail postcard.
· Take the postcard to one of the participating pharmacies listed on the postcard.
· The pharmacy will give you a specially designed Sharps container for your needle disposal.
· Once the Sharps container is full, place it inside the provided shipping box and drop it off at the post office or nearby postal box.
Simple and there is no cost! To request a Sharps Disposal by Mail postcard email firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 2: Safe Syringe & Needle Disposal Program at the Cathedral City Public Works Yard
How does the program work?
• Sharps containers can be picked up at the Public Works Yard every Tuesday between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
• Be prepared to show proof of residency.
• If you are not able to pick up a Sharps container at the Public Works Yard on Tuesday, contact the City’s Environmental Conservation Manager at 760.770.0369 or email@example.com to discuss other options.
• There is no charge for the Sharps container or for the disposal of the containers.
Once the Sharps container is full, there are a few options for disposal:
The container can be disposed of at the City’s Public Works Yard every Tuesday between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
The Household Hazardous Waste Facility (HHW Facility) located in Palm Springs (1100 S. Vella Road) will also accept the Sharps containers. The Facility is open every Saturday 7:00 a.m. until Noon (June through September) and 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. (October through May).
City of Cathedral City, 68700 Avenida Lalo Guerrero, Cathedral City, CA 92234. Tel: (760) 770-0340