Community Assistance Program FY 19-20
As a local agency that has received funding or event sponsorships from the City of Cathedral City in recent years, I am writing to make you aware of the City's Community Assistance grant program.
Due to the high demand from Non-Profit Organizations for assistance from the City, Cathedral City Staff proposed a Community Assistance program at study session on December 9, 2015 to the members of the City Council. City Council directed staff to come back with program guidelines and a plan to implement the grant program.
At the Regular January 13, 2016 City Council Meeting, Staff recommended the City Council approve the program guidelines, application , and program schedule. A total funding allocation of $20,000 per year was recommended and approved to fund a comprehensive small award program with all recipients being required to reapply each year and awards capped at $3,000 per organization per year.
Program Guidelines: It was also recommended at the meeting that Council establish and approve that the program operate under the following guidelines and schedule to make awards available for the FY 19-20 funding year. Listed below are the guidelines and schedule approved by the City Council January 13,2016:
Applicants must be a non-profit 501c-3 organization or a tribal or governmental agency.
- Applicants must be based in Cathedral City or demonstrate that they provide services to residents or businesses of Cathedral City.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they receive funding from other sources and are not relying only on City support.
- Applicants must list the Agency's Board of Directors.
- Preference will be given to applicants meeting health and human service needs of underserved populations.
- February 2019 - Advertise the application process, send letters to existing recipients.
- March 2019 - Application submittal period with a deadline of 3-28-19.
- April 2019 - Council subcommittee wilt review the applications and make a funding recommendation to the full Council.
- April 24, 2019-Council approves the funding awards for FY 19-20.
Any funding requests received outside of this process will not be awarded sponsorships and will be required to wait and apply in 2020.
Organizations applying for City sponsorships for community events should also submit through this process. In the case of sponsorships the event must be open to the public.
We appreciate the opportunity to have partnered with your organization to improve community life in Cathedral City. Copy and paste this link on your browse to access the application which is fillable online: Click HERE to download the application.
Once Cathedral City Council approves the funding awards for FY 19-20 the end of April 2019, your organization will be contacted to inform if it was awarded a sponsorship. A list of requirements will be included in the award letter your organization will be required to submit in order to draw down the funds your organization is awarded. An invoice along with the required documentation may be submitted as early as July 1, 2019. Any questions should be directed to Josie Meza at 760-770-0372.
Mark Carnevale, Mayor
Download the Application: COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE APPLICATION FY 19-20